Thursday, December 29, 2011

More holiday celebrations

Last Friday, we went to our friend Ronna's for a Chanukah celebration and meal. Gordon got to light a candle on the menorah...


I had issues lighting mine. Fortunately there is no photographic evidence!



Ronna's cousin and husband drove up from New Hampshire and brought very delicious...


...brisket! Mmmmmmm!


 Ronna and Richard made latkes. 


I could eat latkes until I explode.



Bring 'em on!



Ronna has lots of cool stuff at her house.



And three wonderful cats! Here's Oreo enjoying the gas fire.



The latkes were not as dark as they look in this picture. They were PERFECT! I like mine with apple sauce AND sour cream.


For dessert, Ronna made a retro Stained Glass cake, from an overly-complicated Ottawa Citizen recipe.



Gordon and I got to take home the leftovers! I loved it. Brought back childhood memories. My mother served a LOT of Jell-o in many variations.

Ronna made us Chanukah gifts, too...



Hand-painted napkin rings with DUCKIES!  Lucky us!

It was a lovely mellow evening with great food and great company.


Now we're gearing up for New Year's eve. Last year I fell asleep at 9 pm. I'll try to do better this year!

5 comments:

  1. Let it be known that latkes rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the duckie napkin rings. What a perfect Chanukah gift for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:46 pm

    I have enjoyed looking at all your photos! The chicken book cover is hilarious.

    Everything looks lovely and delicious. Pass the latkes, please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'm getting old, but you could only do better if you went to bed at 8:30 this year.

    Now to get a latke recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:58 pm

    Those latkes look fabulous. Now I must go find a recipe ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!