Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Is that a unicorn?

So I took this selfie in the car wash today and messaged it to Gordon, who was waiting for me at the Service Ontario office, because we sold our Mazda 3 to a nice young lady who was meeting us there for the ownership switchover. This will be her first car ever so I hope she gets lots of years out of it. It was a good car for us. We just wanted something bigger!

Aaaaanyway, the selfie...



I posted this on Facebook and my friend Valerie sent me this:


 I will never look at car wash chemicals the same way again!!


And here is yesterday's sweet, if blurry, moment:



Redford going nose-to-nose with Ophelia in the lower barn. Ophelia was resting her head on my legs and getting a back scratch while I sat on the bottom step. Redford came down to join us. He and the pigs are mutually fascinated with, and slightly scared by, each other.

And speaking of old dogs, well... I guess we weren't. But anyway, here's Tristan...


It's hard for me to believe he's still here, just over a year since his spleen and a cat-sized tumour were removed. He's pretty wobbly but in good spirits and still enjoying life...


...not to mention our new fire pit up by the house!



We ate supper out here the other night. Fantastic!




I know how to light me a good fire!

And this is what has been consuming my summer...


Honey, honey, honey, bees, bees, bees. And yesterday one of my hives swarmed, and I caught the swarm, so I currently have 11 hives. Geez! Pictures of that later. The honey is spectacular this year!

23 comments:

  1. LOVE the psychedelic car wash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty cool, eh? And I am a child of the 60s - 70s after all! Gordon thinks I look stoned in that picture! Me, the one who barely drinks, never mind drug use!! :) I am naturally high, ha ha...

      Delete
  2. Your friend Valerie is very funny. Love the fire pit. You will enjoy that now on the cooler nights. "Hi Tristan, you old doggie." So, you are a bit wobbly, I hear. Kane gets a bit of that sometimes, too, so you are in good company. Did I ever mention that that is THE BEST HONEY EVER? I think I have. Sending you all a hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until you taste this year's batch!!

      Kane and Tristan are soulmates on the old doggy front. :)

      Delete
  3. I NEED your honey!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THere's a jar here with your name on it that i must get to you!

      Delete
  4. I never imagined that unicorn guts were so COLORFUL. Besides red...

    SAY!! I got your PHENOMENAL package yesterday, THANK YOU x 10000000!!! The cats have already occupied the bags and they were perfect for a big shop for fruit & veg. I can't believe how much postage cost you...I'll get busy and make your crew a little something. Thanks again, those bags are the BEST, ever. Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love 'em!! GLad they arrived safe and sound.

      Delete
  5. With how busy you are, I'm sure some days you feel like you hit a unicorn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahhaa, sounds about right, Red!

      Delete
  6. I've been meaning to build a fire pit for years, I now have renewed ambition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love our fire pit and sitting at the picnic table we built having supper and yup I am what Papa calls me the fire starter lol give me a blow torch and wood and away I go lol ! Hit a unicorn lol snort ha ha ! Cool image though and I love the selfie surprised sort of YUK look on your face ! Lovely photos . I guess old Tristan has some spunk left in him that's good . Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry. They can't prove you did anything to that unicorn unless they find a body.

    That honey looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh they will never find the body! I'm good at hiding stuff!

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on catching that swarm! I have a feral colony somewhere nearby but can't find it. There isn't a single bee yard in my township so the bee inspector has no idea where it might have originated. I'd love to find the family and real them in. They did a great job pollinating for me this year so I am truly grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet old dog and he looks so content there watching the flames.
    Being completely "bee-ignorant" I'd love it if you'd write a post explaining what you mean by catching the swarm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tristan is looking so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sure looks like easy summer living at your place. I stopped mowing my pastures except the edges to keep the forest out. The bees still needed the wildflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. After seeing you car wash photos and the subsequent comment I am so glad I always take my car to be hand washed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your take on life and all the animals. Have been reading bees are in trouble. Good to hear your are doing well.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that selfie if if you did have to kill a unicorn to get it (well, maybe not). Wish I lived close enough to buy some of that honey. And I love the label!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!